Saturday, April 10, 2010

Never Comes Early

I think back to when my youngest daughter Kristin,was about 7 or 8. At this age her dad was probably the most important thing in her life,other than stuffed animals and kittens. "Dad" she says. " I'm never getting married. Boys are stupid."


Never came this last July 4th when she married Will.


I think back this time to when she was 11 or 12. This time kids from daycare were getting on her nerves. "Dad, I'm never having kids." Never came again, for today she and Will had a baby girl at 9:16 a.m. Hawaii time.


These are the things that I thought about today,for you see I remember when I had my first child. I was telling guys at work and one said to me, next thing you know kids having kids. I said then and there" I'm never having grandkids."


Today having first grandchild. Never came early.

2 comments: